The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Monday, July 4, 2011

God Be With You 'til We Meet Again

What an amazing Independence Day weekend. I've spent it in Ramona, California with Kevin, his children, and Cheyenne. The laughter, genuine love, and acceptance of visiting family - reminds me if my own. 4th's of the past were fun and exciting, days of sparklers and homemade strawberry ice cream. Ooooooh, and those ash snake things, that you lit the pellets and the expanded? My family's building up the little ones again, all the holidays are getting more exciting as the new generation gets older - but there was a time I wondered if Chey would have the wonderful memories I did.
Then, this weekend happened. Lori, Kevin's "Aunt" is an amazing woman. She coordinated this weekend with 45 family members and friends, great food, and traditions. One new one was singing a hymn called "God be with you till we meet again." The family gathered around a grand piano and sang it. Some, like Kevin and his Father sing melodically, while others sang with "heart" as I like to call it. The song sang of God's protection and his promise, it reminds one of his love and grace, and for me it reminded me of God answering my prayers and putting more and more people in my life who show his love, show me this world is not to be dismissed for its wonders and joys...that life is good and that God is great.
Happy Independence Day!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment