The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life Is About Choices...

I created this blog a while ago, with all intents and purposes of pouring my heart out. Laying it out there so it was not bottled up anymore. Then fear set in, I chose to let it overtake me. Then laziness reared it's head, and I chose to be lazy. Then I let life's daily struggles, duties, and activities procrastinate my writing.
Today, I chose to write. I chose to make a step in the direction I want to see my life. There are so many things in our life we cannot choose, things we hope we are never given the opportunity to choose, those types of choices are a rarity.
On February 21, 2010 at approximately 10:00 a.m. my life was dramatically changed, by no choice of my own. My daughter, nine month and eighteen day old, Makenna Jo was killed in a horrific accident. Taken, to be with God in heaven, in a way I never would of chose. That was a choice I had no say over. However, in my darkest hour, minute, second. I chose to believe. I chose to rely on my faith and give it up to God. I chose to accept the tragedy and continue my daughters legacy. I made the choice to continue to live and fulfill my purpose, and look forward to the day I would be surrounded in heaven by each of my loved ones whom have chosen to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
A choice does not lead to life of ease. I mourn, I hurt, I struggle with anger, sadness, disbelief, and numbness. I choose to experience those feelings, to identify them for what they are and to appreciate what I can experience each day.
Today is filled with choices each one to be made - there is no escaping it. Each choice leads to a New Reality..what is yours? It's your choice.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Love the writing, the message, the tree graphic, everything! And thanks for the inspiration to get caught up on my own writing!

    ReplyDelete