The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

God Bless the Broken Road...
I'm sure you've heard the song, or can at least respond to the idea. It's easy to say that when you're in a good place, a spot when your plan has lined up with God's. I played this Rascal Flatt's song at my wedding to Colt, in October of 2006. It was sweet, endearing - the perfect "aaah schucks" song.
Now, I'm in a completely different place. A place the road I had planned on taking never would of brought me to. Perhaps someone needs to write "God Bless the wacky teleporter" that's what my life feels like so often! There I am going merrily about my way, in my own little world and BAM! It feels like I'm living an entire new reality. No where near that road; heck the city or state I was in before God's plan changed mine.
Today, I'm in a wonderful place. A place that I can see that God loves me. Through the people, opportunities, and experiences he has put in my life. Things are happening in my life that can only be attributed to the grace, mercy, and abundant love of my King of Kings.
So, I will rest, come to God in silence now. While it seems the teleporter has taken a moment to allow me to enjoy this place, and I'll praise God for it.
Considering everything I cannot change, the blessings I have received, and the convictions and desires in my heart I am thankful that God has blessed me with his plan. All of it. A plan that when I'm sitting around the campfire in Heaven, chatting it up with Noah about his Ark and John about his Baptisms, I can say "can you BELIEVE God used ME when _______."
Life is Good. God is Great.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment