The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Welcoming, Whitley Makenna

Today the Lord blessed our world with Whitley Makenna Nelson.
18 months ago I might of been terrified that Makenna's name be attached to Nelson. That would of meant that somehow Crystal and I dropped the ball and permitted our children to enter a relationship with the potential of procreating. Anyone with the slightest understanding of our children, would understand my concern. Now don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Makenna entering the Nelson clan, but it warms my heart for her to be remembered by them.
Friends like Crystal are few and far in between. Never in my life did I think I'd find someone who knows me - and accepts me that way that girl does. There were few I could talk to and be "real" after Makenna died. Few that I could joke with about the complete absurdity of the peace I experienced and how it took a hard hit upside the head for our God to get my attention. But, Crystal knows that - she's been that hard slap at times too, and also been standing right beside me in line waiting for the thumps.
When Crystal brought up the idea of giving Whit, Makenna's name it made me tear up. Meant a lot. My biggest fear is Makenna's name be forgotten - never said. If Baby Whit is anything like the rest of the clan I'm sure there will come a time when "WHITELY MAKENNA" is yelled - or growled daily. Its a pretty special honor that Makenna got, attached to a beautiful young Lady from and absolutely amazing family.
So, Crys and Chuck; Congrats! I love you and wish you all well. Lil' Whit is a very lucky girl.
Life is Good. God is Great!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment