The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Church.

Wow. Profound huh? How my views on my religion have changed! Part of it is the way God works through Pastor Matt and Sandals Church and some of it is through self discovery I have been prompted to take by my own questions. The tough questions, the main question.  I'm sure a lot of you are expecting it to be "why" but it's not. Now, I'm not sure why it's not - part of me is scared to know. My biggest question is why do I believe what I believe - and if I believe in it why is it so EASY for my heart to stray? To take on more than I can handle, and not give it all up to God and try to listen and execute HIS will with grace and conviction.
Thankfully, I have my church.  No, not the place I worship, my CHURCH. My family and friends whom I walk the walk with Jesus with. The ones who hold me accountable when I fall short of living the life I should and the ones who model and point the direction I should be going. Now, I won't name them all here - mostly because I would probably leave someone out and be forever in debt to them for not allowing them to reach fame and riches by mentioning them on my blog. What I will say, is for as much credit as they give God's work through me,  I see it tenfold in them. In my darkest nights and most joyous days they have walked the path with me - diversions and all.
I thank God for my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment