The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Friends

So this week it seems, that my friends and I are thinking a lot of each other.  I grew up with aquaintances, people who were there to fill the spot and not much more. We talked behind each other's backs, put each other down, and basically used each other. I craved a best friend that I could share growing up with - never had it. My brother did/does, he has a close knit group of friends that he hangs out with consistently and has for years. I however, am just beginning to form what I truly believe will be life long friendships, and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.
From where I sit now, one of the only things I can say for sure is when you experience loss and heartbreak, you TRULY TRULY TRULY begin to appreciate the little things in life - like a text message from a friend letting you know they are praying for you, or a laugh at an inside joke when no one else is even around.  From my friend experiences growing up, I put up a defense and rarely let girl friends get close, to the point I avoided those relationships entirely. Then I had a series of incredible ladies come into my life, Crystal, came first, then Amy and Amanda, next up came Lynnette, then we moved to Virginia and I experienced my life changing year I met Christina, Carrie, Sarah, Shannon,Brenda, Janelle, Keesha, Michelle and Peyton, and finally Jennifer S.. Wow. So many different personalities in that group! Each offering completely different perspectives and personalities - yet each  aligning with me and forming friendships. I can't say how blessed I am to still have these ladies at my side through all the hardships and trials, through the joys and blessings the last year has presented. I tear up when I think how lucky I am to be able to call these incredible women friends.
For the first time in my life, i trust, respect, love, and truly MISS so many wonderful people. They are a blessing and along with my Mom and family my foundation, my back up when things get too tough for me to endure alone. I love you all!

Life is Good. God is Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment