The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tired.

That kind of sums it up. I'm tired. Late nights, sleepless nights, stressful days, a 2 year old with an opinion, oh and not taking care of myself. Neglecting that everything I do to my whole body is a direct reflection on the way I intend to fulfill my purpose. Proverbs 23:21 is really raw about the downfall of gluttony, "For the drunk and the glutton shall come to poverty, and drowsiness shall clothe a man in rags." Wow, so get off your rump and get on getting on if you want to experiences prosperity. Simple concept - but oh the struggle to see it to reality. My NEW Reality.
There are three ingredients that I think make up the basics of humans, their physical, intellectual, and spiritual side.  I feel like I haven't paid enough attention to any of these realms, in doing so I have realized how intimately intertwined they are. My physical side is close to giving out - I can feel it. I'm tired when I wake up and twitching and antsy when it's time to go to sleep. This is BEYOND eating less cupcakes and going to the gym. This is about REALLY scrutinizing everything I do to my body, exercise, diet, and even commitments I make to others. I've been going to the gym regulary lately and I like it. I see my "temple" getting stronger. However, what I've been putting into my body is another story. I don't respect it and stress and unhappiness trigger a carb OVERLOAD, when I'm done I feel like crap - so I really have fixed the alleged problem (DOH!). I want to try and eat clean, more protient less simple carbs and more water. Theory says it takes 3 weeks to form a habit..so I'll get back to you in 21 days.
That being said, I'll address the intellectual and spritual side later...I'm beat.
Life is Good. God is Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment