The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Monday, July 26, 2010

Blessings. Lots of them.

I will not mark this year by a tragedy. I could - it would be awfully easy to list the things that went horribly wrong, and made this world how I perceive it shouldn't be. But, I won't. I can't.  I am still here because God has a purpose for me, one of those purposes is to serve him, and in the proccess I am benefited by the many blessings he allows me.
Perhaps one of the biggest blessings is my second chance I have now, I'm done calling it "starting over" and beginning to embrace it in a positive light. Being able to pursue my dream to be a nurse is fantastic, rekindling old friendships, and starting new ones is pretty amazing too. I mean, who ever gets a second chance on life? Especially, at 28. Now, this might seem as a heartless perception on my reality - but it's not. I could wallow on it being that I have to start over, or I can see it as a launch pad for new dreams, renewed and friendships, and refined spirtiuality.
Some of the best times in my life, were during Colts deployment to Okinawa when Cheyenne was a baby. It was just her and I and we were ready to explore the world, and we did! Then life changed, I went back to work and I took my eyes off what was really important and became fixated on the monetary and earthly prizes awarded to those who seek satisfaction from outside sources.Now slowing down, with Chey helped me gain perspective on how I can truly provide for her.
I can't say that my life is one blessing after another - what I will say is the trials are defitnitely making even the smallest more apparent. 




From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16 (NIV)
 
 
Life is good. God is Great.

1 comment:

  1. A very inspiring post. Good luck on your new adventures. You're going to make an amazing nurse!

    ReplyDelete