The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The thing about blessings is...

When yah get em, you risk the pain of losing em! One doesn't miss honey unless they taste it. One doesn't yearn to feel their babies breath on their neck, until they have experienced it. One doesn't ache for that twitterpatter of meeting a special person - until it's gone. When it's gone it HURTS. It hurts BAD. So quickly, one forgets the God they were praising yesterday is still the same God today. Still the same plan, still the same number of days. Yet their assumed clairvoyant perspective is skewed - when it turns out their plan isn't Gods, and that earthly blessings are short lived.
This is my biggest struggle, the valleys Im having to endure. I feel accomplished when I climb a mountain, but the bruises from sliding back down the other side are wearing on me. A girl only has so many cheeks to turn! But, here I am - in a Valley again, but with all these shadows there HAS to be light coming from somewhere right?
I could always turn my perspective, and say that my blessings wouldn't be as sweet if I didn't endure the trials. I could, but today - as my best good friend Crystal so eloquently explained - "Today, my Strong is gone. “Cowgirl up” isn’t in my vocabulary, I dumped out the stupid glass that was half full, and I’m not even going to try to look for my boot straps. Probably couldn’t reach ’em anyways. Today I’m going to wallow."  Just for today though, tomorrow - I have mountains to climb.

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Please know that even though we never met in person only online, you are constantly in my thoughts and I know Makenna is truly an angel in heaven helping God pour out the rain.

    ReplyDelete