The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good thing that's not Sodom behind me....

     In the Book of Genesis, Lot is told by two angels to leave Sodom the city that he lives in.  He is told not to look back, in fact his whole family is. The city is a place of sin and non believers - not a place a follower of God should look to fellowship and thrive, as they are running to the promised land, Lot's wife turns for one more look and turns into a pillar of Salt.
    I often speak of living in my New Reality, accepting my today as God's plan. However, it seems to be a daily experience that I look back into my "Old Reality" where it seemed any thing I wanted I could have - I also assumed it was on my doing. Daily I wish it was still my old reality - one that I lived in minor discomfort and unhappiness. But, when I truly look at that reality I was a soul unfullfilled. Truly, I was.
In my new reality I have experienced levels of emotions I never thought a soul could endure. Both positive and negative. In my new reality, I have strengthened my level of faith - and pursuing knowledge of religion. In my new reality I value friendships and family more than I ever thought possible. I have learned that the only things I know for sure is that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, that what is done is God's will, and that the slower I go, the more acutely I listen, and the more I am open - the more I see the lessons, love, and acts of God that are around me daily.
I'm sure that I will continue to look for Sodom, for a glimpse of the treasures that it held. The genuine God given gifts I experienced will always be in my heart, and for that I am thankful.
Life is Good. God is Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment