The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Friday, July 30, 2010

STRAIGHT enough for yah yet?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
STRAIGHT ENOUGH FOR YAH?
   I say that with my hands covering my head and hoping lightening doesn't strike me. ( Because, we all know that the simple gesture of covering ones head - protects them from a KABILLION volts of electricity - much like covering ones eyes protects them from whatever is hiding in the closet. It just DOES - accept it.)
  So back to this road. It's long, apparently the one one I'm on is rather windy, God apparently, is trying to straighten it with a serious of mudslides, earthquakes, nsumanis, and other various natural disasters.  Now, I say that tongue in cheek I know in my rational mind things could be worse - a lot worse and I thank God for my blessings every day.  I pray that a year from now I might look back on this week and laugh. Thinking THIS was what I couldn't handle - and then by the grace of God it be water under th bridge. For that matter, I pray that I wake up tomorrow - and laugh rather manically - and start new.
So, recently I have been trying to read the bible. I mean REALLY read it. Not just open to the passage that is being covered on that particular Sunday. I've noticed something - if you're in the bible something pretty horrid had to happen to yah! Lions, fire, stones, cliffs, being turned into pillar of salt, oh yah and crucifixion comes to mind.Makes me feels kinds petty to wallow in lack of money, transportation, and a little peice of earth - but it just further convicts me that there is something to look forward to.  I mean there are some pretty tough people up in heaven, who stood by their convictions, who took the leap of faith - who believes in the same God I do. Who took the jump, took the pain, and still praise God for their blessing - not cursing him and asking why for their trials.
These trials have furthered my convictions in Christ, my convictions of the promise of enternal life. It's makes the days easier, the nights shorter.  It's the Grace God provides in his promise that truly makes a peaceful heart.
Life is Good, God is Great.
o

No comments:

Post a Comment