The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beauty Will Rise

                 Beauty Will Rise, it will. It has too. Yesterday, I planted a garden for Makenna - for ME for Makenna more precisely. I am sure it fails to compare the wonders she is experiencing in Heaven. Makenna Jo, she was a hot pink sort of gal. Full of spunk and fun, didn't need to go out of her way to be noticed - her beauty was inside and out. So, her garden is pink - can't tell you the names of most of what's piled up in there, but my favorite are these hot pink Gerbera Daisies that I have noticed this year. I smile when I see them, and thank God for lettng me have them to look at.

                I decided to name Makenna's Garden, Beauty Will Rise. To remind me, of promises made to me so long ago. Being a garden, it reminds me that it's the pursuit of the goal - the hard work, successes and frustrations that make fantastic happenings phenomenal; unfortunately, those same emotions make failures and shortcomings that much more heartbreaking. 
Beauty will come from Makenna's life, additional to the wonderful glow she gave us while she was here. We'll all find the beauty; in nature, in the good her memory inspires in us, and perhaps most tangibly everytime we recollect a moment we were able to share with in her wonderfully beautiful life.
          I struggled to find purpose in Makenna's death, I have discovered the purpose...the purpose behind any Believer's death - that is to gain the opportunity to be with God. Experience heaven, and Mak - if Heaven allows you to peak between the clouds, hear a whisper - save a spot close for me maybe we could create a Saturday morning, you, Cheyenne, and I perhaps a couple episodes of Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse - sippy cups all around!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, i just realized how huge the impact Mak has had on my life truly is. My life is literally changed forever because of a little girl i never even had the chance to meet. I'll never look at a bright pink flower or a stingray without thinking of her beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the garden, I have something for you on my give peas a chance blog http://pleasegivepeasachance.blogspot.com/2010/04/lonesome-road-studio-has-awarded.html

    ReplyDelete