The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Forgiveness.

Sitting here on Easter Eve, I am experiencing so many feelings - hope, happiness, pain, suffering, and agony. It's a complex inner argument to try and make sense of a situation - rather than accepting it along with it's blessings - even if they seem intangible. While I fight my inner turmoil, I also contemplate forgiveness. A powerful word, associated with many emotions, some positive and other negative.
Tomorrow is a day of rememberance - to celebrate a wonderful promise given to us the day Jesus Christ rose from the dead, insuring those who choose to believe everlasting life.  He died a sinners death, a man who knew no sin - so that we the world's people can have everlasting life. A time in heaven to live in eternal bliss with those we love.
Today, this idea is constantly in my head - the concept of heaven that is. I feel peace and Happiness knowing those that I love will know no more sorrow. I see hope that one day I will be able to see Makenna's toothy grin and my Grandpa's twinkling eyes.  However, my mind drifts a times to more earthly thoughts, when I think about the circumstances that have lead to where I am - the good, the bad, the benign. I feel angry, hurt, irratated, disappointed, and filled with grief. I concentrate on my own selfish thoughts I have here on earth - I forget that those I mourn for don't feel these things - because of a promise made so so long ago. Thank You God!
The pop phrase of "What Would Jesus Do" ran rampant on wrist bands as I went through high school, at the time I applied this concept to where it is convienent, saying no to drugs, raising my hands in praise at youth group, crying a church camp, and remaining abstinent to sex. When it was inconvienent I hid my wrist and followed the sheep.  Losing my daughter, made me realise my faith isn't about convienence. It's about the choices I make daily - in living a righteous life, in leading by example, and showing my faith when it matters most - in those crucial moments. Today, I choose to walk as Jesus did, and I choose to forgive those who have hurt me, those who I once felt I hand no cheeks left to turn,  especially to those that I once loved and allowed my heart to callous to. I choose not to live my live in anger and animosity - but in love and compassion.  The first person I will start with is myself, then the world.

Scripture to share:
"If you had one hundred sheep, and one of them strayed away and was lost in the wilderness, wouldn't you leave the ninety-nine others to go and search for the lost one until you found it? And then you would joyfully carry it home on your shoulders. When you arrived, you would call together your friends and neighbors to rejoice with you because your lost sheep was found. In the same way, heaven will be happier over one lost sinner who returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away! (NLT, Luke 15:3-7)

 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you
o be with me that you also may be where I am.(John, 14:2-3)

this is what brings me the most happiness..not for second will Makenna know she left before me..not for a second will I know who I left behind...how great is our God?
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. (2 Peter 3:8)

Happy Easter, He has Risen!

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful and touching, and full of hope. I can't read your blog without tears springing to my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete