The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Sunday, April 25, 2010

You're gonna prune me?

"1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.


5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:1-8

Yep, that's what he says. By observing my limbs I can see it must be a theoritical approach. My lusts and desires, my hopes, and my fears. This year, I feel as though I've been cut back pretty hard. Not too much extra foliage around these parts. But, he has pruned what I wanted and what I needed to part from. Some of my thinning out I am thankful for. I have grown in maturity and self worth, I have developed a renewed relationship with Christ, and have chased my darkest in hopes of finding my sunrise. However, I have also lost things that I won't understand why they were taken, Makenna, first and foremost the questions I have and the hurt that I bear will probably never be "pruned" from my soul. I don't think they are supposed to be. My job, that I thought was to be my career that I truly loved and felt great doing.  Then lastly, my friends; no family in Virginia. Although, their pruning was more of a transplant I miss them and want them to be a bigger part of my life.
So, here I am bare. Ready to make this fruit. I figure, this part is going to take a lot of energy. If any of you have had a conversation with my lately my lack of brain function is due to lack of sleep - can you see how that can be counter-productive to having energy, thus making fruit? Aaahh, perhaps THIS is why I am pruned. Perhaps, my life needed clarity and not just some room to grow. Just maybe, my mind was clouded with too much - more than I can bear. Now, with the clarity I gain from having less foliage between I and the "Son" (like that play on words?) I can devote more energy, to his plan. To my purpose. Granted, in my limited persception on the world I would of taken clarity in different ways, a lightening strike for example, that singed my nose hairs, gave me a killer headache, and launched my sneakers right off my shoes. THAT kind of awakening I would of taken over Makenna leaving so soon, but that's not his plan (and God, now that this plan is in action I don't think I need the lightening strike okay? thanks. amen) so for now. I take my life for what it is, my percieved New Reality.
So today, I take the hard steps  remaining in my walk, in my effort to stay with Christ. For my heart not to wander even when it's facing it's most difficult trials. These steps are ones I never thought I would take, a road I never hoped to venture. But, this life isn't about me. It's about being a servant to God, celebrating the life that he gave and fulfilling my purpose.  Living in the hope and eternal promises I have been blessed with, simply because I was created and have been enlightened in thte truth and the light. I celebrate today, not nearly what I will. But, I do. I am thankful for my prunings and the growth that comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment