The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1,2c,3 (New King James Version)

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Music

             Music has always been a huge inspiration in my life. From my beginning days as a musician learning to play "Hear We Go" with my Grandma Lea on the piano, to the times I spend meditating and praying listening to various artist today. Perhaps, the most inspiring artist I listen to today is Steven Curtis Chapman. His new album entitled Beauty Will Rise, is a complimation on songs one hopes they could never truly understand - yet when they can it inspires and enlightens them to a pain and a hope that is known intimately by many. See, Steven Curtis Chapman last his young daughter in a tragic automobile accident in the driveway of his own home - a momentary decision changed his life forever. While Makenna's death and his young daughter Maria's death are vastly different circumstances - his lyrics bring to life what is held in my heart. Specifically, the lyrics of Spring is Coming has given me hope that the heaviness in my heart will lighten and one day, all my dreams and aspirations will be realized. However, while I can guarantee myself that one day I will experience "spring" again - sometimes one has to climb the tallest mountains to be able to enjoy the most beautiful of flowers.
God is Good.
Spring is Coming
We planted the seed while the tears of our grief soaked the ground

The sky lost its’ sun and the world lost its’ green to lifeless brown

Now the chill in the wind has turned the Earth hard as stone

And silent the seed lies beneath ice and snow

And my heart’s heavy now, but I’m not letting go

Of this hope I have that tells me



(Chorus)

Spring is coming, Spring is coming

And all we’ve been hoping and longing for

Soon will appear

Spring is coming, Spring is coming

It won’t be long now

It’s just about here



Hear the birds start to sing

Feel the life in the breeze

Watch the ice melt away

The kids are coming out to play

Feel the sun on your skin

Growing strong and warm again

Watch the ground

There’s something moving

Something is breaking through

New life is breaking through



Repeat Chorus



Spring is coming (Out of these ashes beauty will rise)

Spring is coming (Sorrow will be turned to joy)

All we’ve been hoping and longing for (All we’ve hoped for)

Soon will appear (soon will appear)

Spring is coming (Out of the darkness beauty will shine)

Spring is coming (All Earth and Heaven rejoice)

It won’t be long now (Spring is coming soon)

It’s just about here (Spring is coming soon)

1 comment:

  1. One of the radio stations i listen to does a "Behind the Music" thing. One of the artists they do is Steven Curtis Chapman and his Beauty Will Rise album. The first song snipet they play is Mak's song, they lyric "Heaven is the face of a little girl". It gives me chills and smiles every time!

    I think you are one of the few people that are close to me that uses music the way i do. I've heard that music affects us the way it does because it goes straight to our right brain, which controls emotion (i think anyways....dont quote me on that! Lol!) I believe it though. In fact, go read the very first post on my CNC blog!

    ReplyDelete